WINDOWS & CLADDING
When Ultimate installs ALUMINUM CAPPING:
ALUMINUM HEAVY GAUGE COIL
This decreases the chance of the material buckling when the finished piece is installed and is then subject to the sun.
Thermoplastic caulking is superior because:
- Excellent adhesion: Bonds extremely well to all materials we use
- Extremely flexible: Expands or contracts to counter joint movements and extreme temperature changes.
- Application temperature between –30C and +50C: Because of this, the customer does not have to be concerned of a job being done in the winter months, as we work all year round
- Skins in minutes: The benefit of this is that there is not a long period of time for dirt to penetrate the caulking during the curing process
- Can be painted with latex paints: Although many times the reason for capping the windows is to avoid painting, the caulking is paintable
A sill trim is used around all sealed units and some doors. This sill trim has the following advantages:
Allows the aluminum to move without bucklingHides staples or nailsMakes it safer to fasten near the glassAccommodates a smaller caulking beadAssures a finished edge around some doors.
MATERIAL IS FORMED ON SITE
This site manufacturing process eliminates any chance of delays due to showing up on the job with an incorrect size.
BUILD OUT FRAMES WHEN NECESSARY
Often companies put siding and capping on a house with no regard for the end appearance. The natural look of window frames is to extend past the siding and we will assure this is the end result.
We caulk all joints in the capping as well as up to the window and back to the wall. This assures a weather tight seal. In most cases, we don't caulk the return against the wall under the bottom sill. This is to allow any moisture from condensation to escape and prevent the possibility of rot.
WEEP OR DRAIN HOLES ON WINDOWS
We always consider the fact that the water within the tracks of the window requires an escape route and we assure that we do not impede this route with aluminum or caulking.
Normally we block form the capping over the wooden brickmold of the window. Should you have a step brickmold and you want the capping to follow steps in the brickmold, chances are we can accommodate your wish. Please ask!
SEAMLESS LONG LENGTH
Our installers use portable 10 ½ foot forming equipment.